Welcome to the Single Ply Roofing Association, the UK authority on polymeric waterproofing.
SPRA Hosts its first Annual Dinner at Roofex
Mandy Hickson with SPRA Chairman CPA speaker Milja Keijonen with Tracie
Mike Crook and NFRC President Reed, Bauder Marketing Manager
SPRA’s first annual dinner and networking reception at the Hilton Metropole at the NEC attracted 100 guests from its membership, other interest groups and the trade media.
The dinner was interspersed with presentations on the outlook for construction from Milja Keijonen, Economist from the Construction Products Association, a challenge for inspirational design from Gary Wilburn, Director of Design and Sustainability at HPW Architecture and rounded of by a rousing speech from Mandy Hickson former RAF Tornado pilot and motivational speaker.
James Talman commented, ‘We thank all members and guests who supported the event and helped to make it the success it clearly demonstrated. This opportunity to showcase our sector and to set ourselves our next goals through wide engagement is vital to SPRA’s on-going development.’
The evening was rounded off with the launch of the Chairman’s charity for the forthcoming year and £500 was raised for the Rainbow’s Childrens Hospice www.rainbows.co.uk
Single ply roofing is the system of first choice in the majority of new build light weight roofing in the UK and is increasing its share of the refurbishment sector due its clear advantages. The images on this and our members’ websites are clear demonstrations of why our sector continues to grow.
SPRA employs two independent (bound by a code of ethics) directors to manage and develop the association's activities. The principle services offered by SPRA are:
To Specifiers, Clients, Main Contractors and other users
- Access to design and installation advice, generic specifications and drawings, conformance to regulations, dispute resolution (involving members only).
- Referral of requests for quotations, surveys and specifications to relevant SPRA members providing competitive advantage based on our quality standards.
To other outside stakeholders, regulatory bodies and associate trade bodies.
- Collaborative input to all relevant issues affecting the UK construction industry and the sector.
- Promotion of jobs in the sector with particular emphasis on a new apprenticeship scheme.
- Source of independent data on the sector
To our members
- Promotion of the association and its services to the UK market
- Referral of opportunities
- Regular market intelligence and briefings
- Access to specialist business support services
- Networking events
To prospective members
- A friendly welcome! We are inclusive and transparent.
- Advice and assistance on meeting membership criteria.